This tutorial shows how you can create intro and outro music, or general theme music for your podcast using the Alitu.com Music Editor tool. You just need to upload the music and the voiceover and Alitu handles the trimming, overlaying and fading the music in and out.
1. To start, click on 'Music Editor' in your dashboard:
2. You will see sections to add your voice clip and your music clip:
You can either upload files by dragging and dropping them onto the boxes or clicking to select your files from your library.
Note: If you want to create a new quick voice clip, you can record directly into the Library and use that voice clip. Click here for the article on Recording Directly into Alitu.
3. Once you have added your voice clip and music clip, you will see an editor screen that you can use to edit your clip:
4. You can 1) move the voice track to position it in relation to the music or 2) edit the voice clip:
5. You can click the pencil to edit your music clip as well:
6. You can click the 'Play' button to hear your music clip at any time:
7. Once you're satisfied with your creation, click 'Process and Save in Library' to make your new clip available in your episode editor:
Now you have a new music clip you can use over and over again in your podcast episodes.
If you have any questions, just hit the chat button in the lower right corner of this page and let us know. Our support team will be happy to help.