This feature comes in handy if you have a 20-minute podcast episode and you want to split it into two (2) 10-minute sections and add a promo or sound effect in between each section.
Note: If you want to split your audio track, please split it before making any edits. When you split the file you will lose any edits you've made up until that point.
1. Inside your episode builder, click to edit the audio file you want to split:
2. Use the zoom button if needed to make sure you can see the section you want to split on-screen:
3. Place the playhead at the point where you want to split the audio:
4. Click 'Split the recording':
5. You are then given the option to adjust the split point by changing the time of the split. If you're happy with it, click 'Split it':
6. In a few moments you will see the file has been split in half at the point you chose. These newly-split files have also been placed in your Library:
7. You can edit each section of the audio now and can even add a promo or teaser in between the two halves by clicking the plus icon:
You can split two sections of your audio at a time. If you want to split additional sections, simply edit the correct section, place the playhead where you want to split the audio and click 'Split it!'
Please let us know if you have any questions or run into any issues splitting recordings. This was a frequently-requested feature and we were excited to roll it out to you!
Just hit the chat box in the lower right corner if you have any questions.