The Music Editor (Music Clip Maker) is great for adding background music behind your audio clips. Many people use this to create custom intros or outros for their podcasts, but there are a number of other ways this tool comes in handy.
What else can you use the music clip maker for?
An ad or sponsor slot with musical background: You could easily add background music to host-read promotional pieces of paid ad spots in your podcast.
A Transition clip between your main recordings: If you would like to introduce a regular segment with background you can record this segment intro in Alitu.
An intro/jingle for a regular segment that you re-use every week
Here are steps to create a clip with a background music right inside Alitu:
1. Choose ‘Music Editor’ from the side panel.
2. Click ‘Choose voice’ to upload or record your voice clip
3. Choose to 1. upload a voice clip from your computer, 2. record your voice clip, or 3. grab a file from your Alitu Library. Drag and drop option is also available.
You can follow the same steps for adding the music clip. If you don’t have a music clip yet, we have over 40 free music categories in the Free Music Library.
4. You can edit the files within the Music Editor and save the edited clip directly to your Library.
5. Using the Intro / Outro lengths, you can set the start and end time (in seconds) of your voice clip with the background music.
6. Name and preview your clip
7. When you’re satisfied with your theme music, click the ‘Save to library’ button and use the clip to any episode. You can also set it as your default intro/outro in your Settings section.
Let us know if you have other great ideas for using the Music Editor!