This tutorial shows how to add background music to an audio clip which you can easily use for your podcast as intro/outro or the actual clip itself.
You just need to upload the music clip and the voiceover file and Alitu handles the trimming, overlaying and fading the music in and out. The Clip Genie is available with all Alitu accounts.
1. To start, click on the 'Clip Genie' icon in your dashboard:
2. You will see 2 buttons to add your voice clip and your music clip:
3. You can either upload your voice and music clips from your computer or record directly or select them from the library:
4. Once you have selected your voice clip and music clip, you will see an editor screen that you can use to fine-tune your clip:
1) The Intro length is the amount of background music you will hear before the audio clip starts playing.
2) The Outro length is the amount of music you will hear at the end of your voice audio clip.
3) Be sure to name your clip so you will be able to recognize it in the library.
5. Once you have made your selections you can Preview the music clip or Save it to your library. If you preview the clip and don't like any of the settings, you can change them before saving the file to the library.
Now you have a new audio clip layered with background music that you can use over and over again in your podcast episodes.
Help! The music is too loud 🙉 (or too quiet)
If your background music is a bit too loud (or too quiet) you can adjust it using the volume element shown below. If the music is drowning out the voice, click on the minus to make the background music quieter. Or, if it's the other way, click the plus to make it louder. Make sure to preview your results and click the 'Save' button to add this new clip to your Library.
If you think the music is still too loud/quiet, we'd love to hear from you. Please make sure to click the chat button in the bottom right corner of your screen and share the clip you made with our team. Thanks in advance!
Editing Files in the Clip Genie
You can click the pencil icon on either the voice or music clip to make edits to the length of those files.
Be sure to click save after you've made your edits. Once you save, edits are irreversible but the original file will be kept in the Library.
Click the disc icon if you want to save a copy of the edited file directly in your Library.
What else can you use the Clip Genie for?
An ad or sponsor slot with musical background: You could easily add background music to host-read promotional pieces or create paid ad spots for your podcast.
A Transition clip between your main recordings: Make the transition between your main recordings smoother with a custom transition clip.
An intro/jingle for a regular segment that you re-use every week: Create intros for regularly-occurring segments and add them to as many episodes as you want.
At the moment, it is not possible to manually adjust the volume of the music.
What else are you going to use the Clip Genie for? Let us know through the chat button in the lower right corner of this page and let us know. Our support team will be happy to help.