Alitu can generate transcripts for your episodes. We partnered with a third-party transcription software to provide the most accurate transcription.
The following languages are supported:
**English is the only language where several speakers can be detected and identifed in the transcription output. See section 4 for more info
Here’s how to generate a transcript for your episodes:
1. Go to your episode’s publish page and click ‘Generate transcript’
2. A pop-up window will appear where you need to click ‘Generate’. It can take a few minutes to generate the transcript depending on your episode length.
3. When it’s ready, you’ll see a ‘Download transcript’ button.
4. From the pop-up transcript window, you have options to:
include speaker names (These will show as Speaker A, Speaker B, etc, but you can type in the actual names of the people speaking) English speaking only
include timestamps English speaking only
censor swear words
choose which file format to export
Note: If you have recorded in a language other than english, your transctription will appear as one block of text in the preview and downloaded file.
5. Click the ‘Download Transcript’ button when you’re done.
Important note: Each Alitu account has a fair usage limit of 10 hours of transcription per month. You will see an error message if you've exceeded the limit.
If you need more transcription hours, we can manually process this for you. The cost would be $1/hr. All you need to do is contact the support team using the chat box below and let them know how many more hours you need.