This feature comes in handy if you have a 20-minute podcast episode and you want to split it into two (2) 10-minute sections and add a promo or sound effect in between each section. It's also helpful if you want to edit out and cover a mistake.
1. Inside your Episode Builder, click to edit the audio file you want to split:
2. Use the zoom button, if needed, to make sure you can see the section you want to split on-screen:
3. Place the playhead at the point where you want to split the audio and click split icon
4. You can adjust the split point by changing the timing of the split before you name the resulting two clips. When you're done naming and adjusting the time, click, 'Split it!':
5. In a few moments you will see the file has been split at the point you chose. These newly-split files have also been placed in your Library too. You can edit each section of the audio now and can even add a promo or transition in between the two halves by clicking the plus icon:
You can split two sections of your audio at a time. If you want to split additional sections, simply edit the correct section, place the playhead where you want to split the audio and click 'Split'.
Please let us know if you have any questions or run into any issues splitting recordings. Just hit the chat box at the bottom of the page if you have any questions.